An attitude of gratitude towards the alma mater




The weather at the sprawling Tata Institute of Social Sciences Mumbai Campus was warm and pleasant and so was the mood at the Common Room, which stay witness to this phenomenal show as TISSians met after 40 years.

Alums from 1975-77 & 1976-78 Batches from as far as the US, attended the two-day meet which commenced at TISS campus in Mumbai.

The Alums congregation witnessed over fifty TISSians visiting the campus with their spouses making the event all the more interesting. Following an ice-breaker session, which gave an energetic start; the event commenced with an inauguration that was marked with a feeling of excitement.

The remarkable achievements of four accomplished former TISS faculties, Prof Panwalkar, Prof Sikka, Prof A M Sharma and Prof J C Sarma were celebrated by honouring them with mementoes. The faculties spoke with such enthusiasm about that left the audience spellbound.

TISSians were caught up in nostalgia, walking around the campus and halls, and revisiting hangout spots of their college days, 40 years before. Post the inauguration the gala lunch provided a great opportunity to network.




Leena Joshi, former Director of Apnalaya said, “TISS provided me with ample opportunities which gave me immense exposure to several social issues. The years in TISS have enriched my life, through several deep and meaningful interactions with my fellow TISSians and the faculty. TISS has been a guiding force in my life which showed and offered me numerous possibilities and I happily walked on in my journey.

Noted Hindi daily Navbharat carried the news of the event on 5th February' 2018. 


Vandana Garware, former Director at ADAPT-The Spastics Society of India, expressed her gratefulness towards the alma mater, for not just imparting the much-needed knowledge and skills during her formative years but also for instilling self-confidence and professional self-esteem at a young age.

TISS is one of the country’s best academic institutions. What I learnt on this beautiful and splendid campus, and the magnificent and rigorous training I have had received during my fieldwork has powerfully and indelibly shaped my thinking, my career and my personal life. Which is why I consider TISS the finest crucible of life,” said Ms Nayan Phatak Khadapkar, an award-winning activist who has been actively working with the underprivileged women in making them economically and socially empowered.

Shobhana Mannadiar, another TISSians, while highlighting the rigorous training imparted during the two years at TISS, affirmed that she could not have learnt or received the vast exposure from any academic course or institute, that she received during various activities and initiatives proved to be pathbreaking. “Today, I owe the biggest part of me to my Alma Mater - the TISS”.







Dr Sujata Mohan Rajapurkar, said that her achievements are due to great work ethics learned at TISS. She fondly expressed that, “the days at TISS have been very enriching and fulfilling, which certainly prepared me to excel in whichever assignment I undertook. I humbly express my gratitude to my Alma Mater, the worthy faculty of TISS, my mentors late Dr Grace Mathew and Dr Marie Lobo who went the extra mile in bringing out the best in me”.




The mood on the first day was upbeat with many alums feeling grateful towards the institute as they felt TISS has played a crucial role and as the training received here has proved to be a stepping stone in their career.

Stay Updated!!! Stay involved!!! Stay Connected!!!  

#TISS #TISSAA #TISSiansBond #TISSiansConnect #TISSiansMeet


Comments

  1. Remembering those wonder years in TISS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Attitude status are very much important in youths of our country they are posting status with there photos and your attitude status are so nice Click Here

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment